Tuesday, 7 August 2012

a prodigal blogger returns



Well, hello there.


A resurrection of this blog has been brewing for some time, so here goes the first post in its reincarnation. This site initially served as a way to share our travels and news updates for far-flung friends and family as we were bouncing around the world...while this version of the blog will hopefully serve a similar function, the fact that there has been just SO much stuff going on this year has made me crave a space to both document and reflect on all these blessings, challenges and changes.


So all that to say, this version of the blog is more for myself than anything and as such, I will be doing my very best to ignore the customarily cynical, critical inner commentary I usually subject myself to when engaging in these sorts of endeavours. Reading back over earlier posts, I'm reminded of how much I enjoyed documenting life! I don't imagine these pages will contain anything of great depth or wit, but you're very welcome to join me for the journey.


Here's a list of literally just SOME of the things that have happened in 2012 so far:


1. I turned 30.


2. I started a postgraduate diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Which means I now have THREE jobs and a part time course of study. Gulp.


3. We bought a flat. In London. (!)


4. I met a whole set of family members that until last year, I never even knew I had. (Long story...).


5. I biked from London to Brighton.


6. Then, I biked from London to PARIS.


7. My amazing new baby niece arrived in the world!


8. I attended an Olympic event.


This is only a selection of what's been going on in 2012, but suffice to say it's been a pretty exciting year so far and I'm looking forward to giving some of the events on this list a little more or an airing...







No comments: